rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Sunday, February 21, 2010

winding down

Not much to report.  Have not been doing much. No real excuse, but I did hurt my back a few days ago and it was just getting better from when I stepped in that stupid ground hog hole. Flint had to go out around three or so in the morning a few nights ago.  I must have been half asleep and slipped on ice and pulled something in my groin / hip area. I feel old !

The sun was finally out all day today. It was wonderful. I missed it. It has really been a week or more since I have seen it. The wind was still blowing steady around 15 + MPH most of the day so it made it a little raw. While it showed 40 F , it really felt closer to 30 F with the darn wind. Still it felt good to have the warmth of the sun on my face.

Yesterday afternoon we finally went to town and saw Avatar. Oh my God it was fantastic! I really was so sucked into this movie that the 2 hour and 45 minute run time flew by. If you have not yet seen it please do before it leaves the theater. I am sure it will still be good when it comes out on DVD but the 3D was something else!

I have been busy cleaning tack. Paul brought up the rest of my stuff  ( I think all of it's here but I have collected quite a bit of equipment over the years ) from our other home last week and I can't believe how thirsty my poor leather was ! My 30 year old saddle looks new as well as the several bridles I cleaned. It has been a LONG time, so silly me taking the bridles apart to clean and condition and then...hmmm... now to put back together ! I did manage but it was touch and go there for a bit.

I'll get down to Nola's and ride Diamond this week. With my back hurting and having the contractor over with the door issue it just had not worked out. I feel okay and will try for tomorrow. Contractor back Tuesday to remove the ugly drop ceiling in the Kitchen and sheetrock replacement with a new ceiling fan and recessed lights instead of the two old fluorescent office type fixtures up there now. It's not much but it will help liven up the kitchen area. The door has made a huge change as well, letting in more light. Still too tight for my liking  but I'll admit it is not an Anderson product. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Got pups worked today. Tried the two acre field and Flint was not letting me walk to him and collect him. Choosing to flank around to balance.Back to the control pen for a few minutes. I then went back out to the larger field and he gave me %75 cooperation. A few times he flanked around before I got to him . I don't like this, but he is trying and we did have sucess with him letting me walk to him take him off and resend more times than not. It's a start.. It will get worked out.

Rush was great. Can't say anything bad. Maybe still a bit fast but I like that about her.
I have found she is a good retriever. After her work session I played a little fetch with her and she was loving it. Got the stick, brought it right to me and was having some fun. I did not think she or Flint was at all interested. Seems I was wrong. I think maybe Spirit and Dream are too much for her to contend with. I know many frown on such "games" with sheepdogs. I have never had a problem with it and well, I LIKE IT.

That's about it . Going out to do chores, Paul is all ready out there. Better get going !

No comments:

Post a Comment