rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Friday, February 26, 2010

white out



Guess what ?? It's snowing here. Yesterday we had the start of something they are now tagging as a Blizzarcain or something stupid. It is snow in winter with wind...last I checked that is what a Blizzard is...a winter form of a hurricain. Do we REALLY need a spiffy new name ???
I spent a good part of the day  yesterday thinking I could get ahead and plowed the eight or so inches that had fallen just before dark so today it would not be such a task to remove. Mother Nature had other ideas and the wind blew hard from the north west all night. All the preventive work was a waste of time yesterday. Drifts waist deep and average snow about knee to mid thigh high.. The driveway looked as though I had done nothing to it the day before. 



I went out to ask our resident animals for a comment or two on the weather
The chicken's said to just take the clucking eggs and to cluck off .
They warned me to leave their door closed or I would be clucking sorry. I did as I was asked.
I quietly collected the eggs and thanked them. I think I heard some off color comment as I was closing the hatch to the coop but I can't be sure.













I tried to get comment from the other animals but was told to keep my distance





































or they were just not available for comment













So what else was I to do but grab the few who I knew would find something positive to all this snow.


















































































as I have said before, life is always good when your a Border Collie !



No comments:

Post a Comment