rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I have heard talk that there is global warming...



























More snow ! Yesterday it had snowed most of the day but just around 3:00 or so it really picked up and was snowing about an inch an hour. Woke this morning to around 7 inches give or take of snow.  I really am starting to wonder if I may be color blind ? It really was beautiful even though I am ready for the next season. It was the kind of snow that sticks to everything and inspired the likes of Norman Rockwell .














































Took the dogs out early for a romp in the snow. They sure do love cold weather.
I made it down to Nola's on Monday and rode Diamond finally.
I met a woman named Cheryl who has a Halflinger in for
training. She is a really nice lady. Everyone down at that little stable is very nice . Nola was working a few of her horses in for training and hopped on Diamond for me. She was not wanting to bend into corners and while we were riding together I expressed my frustration for not having enough leg to MAKE her do it. Nola offered to get on her and I was glad she had time. Diamond is a smart little mare . Not in a bad way but she knows I just don't have my leg yet. After Nola worked her a bit I hopped back on to walk her out. Nola and I were chatting and the next thing I know, Diamond dropped to the ground to roll ! I never saw it coming. I am glad I am still  quick enough to have hopped off before my leg got trapped under her. Nola said she blinked her eye and the next thing she saw was me standing on the ground next to Diamond. Anyway it was pretty funny. Silly mare.
Tuesday had the contractor over and he started ripping out the ceiling in the kitchen and put in the new high hat lights. It will look so much better when he finishes. Not great, but better : )
Spent several hours with our little John Deere tractor today moving snow off my parents and our driveway. I was pleasantly surprised that little tractor moved all that wet, heavy snow without tire chains .
My ewes that I have bred are looking mighty round! Another weather system is due Thursday night into Friday. Expected total inches are about 15 from this next strom.You can bet with a nice big storm and drop in barometric pressure I may have a few lambs to deal with.  Anyway that is about it. 
Oh , I would also like you to meet our snow shepherd who is keeping an eye on the flock for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment