rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Monday, February 8, 2010

Three dog night

 Well, really it was more like a two dog and three cat night. I hardly had enough room in the bed. Got up during the night to use the bathroom and animals curled right up in the spot I had been laying. I was lucky to be able to fight my way back under the covers !

Man, it is cold. The wind was really howling out there on the west side of the house last night and today. I had a French door replaced with a patio door today. The house dropped down to 45 F in less than an hour while the doors were being switched out.
I am not in the least bit surprised that there is a problem with the new door. < sigh> Just seems like I never can get something done and it goes smooth. This new door is REALLY tight. Too tight. I am no weakling by any means and I have to use two hands and really get my back into it to "slide" it open . So hoping the contractor can get it addressed tomorrow. It is just NOT going to work as it is. I use this as my primary door and go in and out of it too many times a day for me to have it this " stiff' " to open.

Not messing with the dogs today. Too cold and windy to stay out for long and I just don't feel like it.
Deigh was not feeling well this morning so I have been hanging out with just her most of the day. She had the runs and an upset tummy this morning. She looks like she is feeling better , but still limping good on that left front paw.

Hoping things go better tomorrow. Thinking of warm spring breezes instead of this bitter blast that is bearing down on the farm today.

1 comment:

  1. Hope Deigh is feeling better soon.

    Stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete