rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Friday, February 5, 2010

closure

Badger was finally laid to rest today. My neighbor and good friend Al Johnson was able to get a hole dug with his backhoe and he and Paul buried my faithful friend of 30 years.This past month had been hard for me since after Badger had left us New Years Eve we had been unable to give him a proper burial. Each day was a heartbreak to look at his form under that cursed blue tarp. I am glad he had this last year up here. He really was very happy. I am also greatful he is buried here and not dragged off to some undisclosed location by a horse carter. I don't feel like doing much as I feel like a deep scab that was just about healed was ripped open and, though the wound is not as big or deep hurts just the same.
I will try to remember the sweet wonderful time we had together.
Rest in peace Badger, I sure do miss you.
I am always touched by the kindness of people ( there are not many of them out there ! ). In the mail yesterday was a note from K.S.U Veterinary college indicating a donation was made by Dr. Michele Zajac of Bunker Hill Veterinary Hospital in memory of my Badger. This is the small animal practice I am using as my primary health care "go to" place. They also care for equines. Even though they had never met Badger they were compassionate to understanding my loss. I also got a note from a horse rescue in my area letting me know a donation in Badger's name was made by my good friend from Long Island, Anne Marie Weis. Thank you Anne Marie. Friends like you are far and few.

I am not doing anything with the dogs today, maybe a walk with the older dogs. Just don't feel my head is right for the pups.
Got the chicken coop stripped and new shavings in there for them. Chicken crap stinks ! Today was a good day for this task because it was a bit warmer, but cold enough that the chicken poop was frozen and hard . Easier to clean this way. That's about it. Heading out to do evening chores and a quick walk with the four girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment