rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Thursday, February 18, 2010

What the Cluck ???

I really thought just a short time ago that I felt Spring in the air. I think that was the last day I had actually witnessed that glowing yellow ball in the sky. Each morning that I open the little door to let the chickens out , I swear I hear them saying " What the cluck ?? Are you kidding ! More clucking snow ?  And what the cluck is up with this cold weather ?? "
I really am at a loss for words. I just don't know what to tell them.
 There really has not been much going on. I am in the winter slump I usually fall into just about this time of year. There has been a lot of this going on as of late
I think it has gotten to just about all of us. Though the younger animals have been providing some amusement
My leg is healing and feels better. If you remember I had stepped down in a ground hog hole a few weeks back. It really hurt for quite a while and the brusing was ugly. It looks not so bad right now . I tweaked my back when I stepped in that hole but it is feeling better too. 
I gave the ewes close to lambing their CD & T booster today . I'll finish the rest of the flock with Paul over the weekend. The flock is not really due for Vaccination 'till May or so, and it was so much easier with his help. Spirit drew the lucky straw today and got the job. She is so much like her mother Deigh in her attitude and style. She has become so very good at close tight work. It is interesting to me because as a pup and young dog she had such a short fuse and hard grip. 











Not much else to report. Had pups out yesterday and was happy with them . I am really enjoying getting them going. Holding back from the temptation of working them every day has been hard . I have managed, maybe because the weather is so crappy. I just don't want to overwork a growing body and have lameness issues with a four or five year old dog down the road. Plus I want them to be keen and fresh to work at this tender age. I want them to hold this dear as a finished dog, so they will have a good willing attitude down the road .

No comments:

Post a Comment