rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Valentines Day !

Today is the day we spend with the one we love. Sharing the special bond that brought us together in the first place. Candy , kisses , flowers . 
Paul and I spent part of the day  " celebrating " by worming sheep together. "Oh how romantic" I know your all thinking. Well, to be honest it was great to have him do the sheep wrangling along with Brackens help. All I had to do was shoot the wormer in the mouth of the captured sheep. Bracken pushed them to the back of the barn, Paul grabbed them and marked them and I gave them the wormer. I'll get to the CD&T sometime this week. We are just about a month away from lambing. I have 14 ewes bred this year. Eight hair sheep bred to a nice black Katahdin ram and six wool sheep bred to one of our Border Cheviot Rams.
It has been unusually cold the past few days. Well maybe not so much cold as windy. It just cuts through you. Woke to a light dusting of snow this morning and the frost thick on the kitchen window. It is really is pretty to me. I took this picture of it last week when it was on the window and the sun was shining to show the patten of the ice.













Making two yummy lobster tails and steaks for dinner tonight. Looking forward to the feast. Not much else going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment