rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Thursday, April 29, 2010

All's well that ends well ????

before I explain about the meaning of todays Blog title I want to let anyone who cares to know that Deigh is feeling MUCH better. The pain med's and muscle relaxers are doing their work and she is eating and drinking again. Has a little spring in her step. She must have really hurt herself somehow during that night. I do have a dim remembrance of some thud or loud noise that night that sort of woke me. Maybe she fell of the couch while sleeping ???
So back to the Blog title. A few weeks ago while in the basement I heard a spraying sound. I located the noise over by where the holding tank is for the well water . The tank is a dinosaur and had started to have pin hole leaks in it. 
We bought an new holding tank and Al and Randy came up today to switch them out. Could it be that simple to change them without complication ? No, of course not! First off the tank is located just off the basement in a very small, cramped, cinder block walled box. Al is a big guy and there was not much room for him, the water tank and the ladder down in the holding area.
I kidded with him after pulling the ladder up and said "Did you ever see the movie Silence of the Lambs???"
 I said this may be a perfect holding spot for you...I do have sheep and ....
He said he had seen the movie and added "So now you tell me after I just chucked my food up to safety!"
There were a few frogs in the tank area that he had thrown up to me to get them out of his way of stepping on them.
I kept peering down at him and saying "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose"
He laughed and said "No I would not, cause the water is shut off."

After a few hours and a trip or two to the hardware store the new tank was good to go. No of course that could not be the end of it...seems there is a valve in the water pump for air pressure. The old tank needed this to keep it pressurized. The new tank DOES NOT need it because it is a bladder system.
The cap and pipe at the top of the well is really old and was breaking apart as Al was working on a solution. There is too much air running through the system as it is . We can get by but not in the long haul. Always something.... Al will be back tomorrow to figure out a solution. He has a plan but needs to see if it will work before he gets to it. In one way I am glad he will be here because the first half of the garage is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I would feel better to have Al here to guide them to setting this half.

The weather has finally cleared out but for the wind. I mean it is REALLY  blowing up here the past few days. I don't think we have had anything calmer the 20 mph. Though today is warmer than the past two that had snow squalls mixing in with the wind and clouds
 Today the sun is shinning and the sky is a deep cobalt blue. The mountians are greening up and it really is getting mighty pretty in the hills.
That is about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment