rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Monday, May 3, 2010

can I catch my breath ?

phew, lots going on as of late. We now have a beautiful blue holding tank for the water from our well, a new matching cap for the well and several new parts leading to the well water and pump.
I changed my mind and let Al out of the little holding space that keeps our tank and well.We need him for other things around here!
 After three days of thinking all was um.. (cough) well, we came to find out that while we did need a new holding tank there were other parts that needed to be replaced. Lots of air and fluctuating water pressure let us know this was fact. So after taking apart and putting together a total of three times, the last leading to Al , Paul and I pulling the pipe up to get the pump out to fix a valve on the pump. The well is about 200 feet deep so it took some arm strength to pull it up and out. A good note is that while the pump was up we could hear the water flowing into the well and while it is drilled to that depth the actual water level is at about twenty five feet. I think we are safe from running dry.

The other thing going on at the same time was a modular two car garage. The first half was delivered Friday.














The other half came today and was put together.
Again it is wonderful to have such good neighbors and friends. Al came up with his backhoe on Sunday and he, Randy and Paul were able to move the first half to where it needed to be.  Al and Randy again came up today and helped get the two parts lined up with the use of Al's backhoe and chains. Also the truck driver had gotten stuck on the wet grass while trying to get the second part down to the pad and that backhoe again was worth it's weight in gold.



























We also got the Camper out over the weekend and ready for the season. It was not too big a deal other than dewinterizing and sanitizing the water system, getting the air pressure in tires right. Pulling out the generator and getting it going. Checking the hot water. All is good.
I plan to see if I can get the heat to work. Last year I could not get it going and while I don't think I'll need it this weekend I would like to figure out why it will not light the propane.
I hope to work the dogs a little tomorrow and Wednesday. I don't have high expectations but the dogs are working well enough and at least for that I don't have any worries looming to what the may or may not do.I am looking forward to getting out to a trial and of course see some friends. I hardly went to any trials last year and I did kind of miss it. I hope to get to a few this year, but I know I will have limit when hay season comes around.
If I have enough time and energy I'll try to get the pups out. It has been a few weeks for them since they have been on sheep. What I love about both pups is that they are enjoying the traing and look better each time even with some large training gaps in between. That is about it. Going out to feed the critters .

oh, I wanted to share this photograph of the full moon the other night. I took this just as it rose up over the hay field. It was so beautiful and this photo does not really show it. Still it is not too bad a photo , here it is enjoy.














No comments:

Post a Comment