rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Monday, May 24, 2010

" The sun'll come out tomorrow"







I keep hearing this song from "Annie" over and over in my head.
I miss Deigh so very much and it's not the same around here with out her happy, bubbling ways. She was such a positive , upbeat dog. As we all do sometimes , I took this endearing quality for granted.
Her pups are depressed at her passing. I know the " experts " will tell me other wise, but I know what I am seeing.
Dream has not been eating and both are more quiet than usual.
I don't want to dwell on this sadness that comes with the passing of an animal.
I do want to touch lightly on the wonderful , wonderful treatment that was administerd that final day at Bunker Hill Veterinary Hospital.
All staff came out to our car and was present while we let Deigh go. Dr Michele Zajac went above and beyond duty and also helped arrange for us to have Deigh cremated that day.
There is so much more to this story but it is personal and I am sure uncomfortable to hear as well as tell. When Deigh was ready to come back home Dr. Michele picked her up and Terri Florentino brought her home. What I was not ready for was what Bunker Hill had done for my girl.
It is hard for me to even write through the tears of grief but also enormous gratitude for such wonderful people. When Terri got out of her car , she had in her hands the most beautiful wooden box.
Seems everyone got together and picked out a beautiful resting place for a beautiful dog. They made me feel as though Deigh was the most important patient to ever have walked through their doors. I could never thank them enough for what they have done for her over the past five months.
Thank you, just the same.
















Sad to say , it looks like we will be sending our cat Splotchity off at the end of the week. She is failing fast . Just hurts to have them leave so close to each other.




On another level I had the wonderful chance to work with Scott Glenn. It was a great distraction from Deigh's passing and gave my heart a little rest from the hurt. He got a chance to see both pups and seemed to like them both. Flint I think a little more than Rush .
Helped me with Dream and Spirit and once again back to the drawing board. Seems I have screwed Spirit down too much and made her a bit tentative in coming on her sheep. Anyone who knows Spirit , knows this is " my bad ".
Dream needs a bit more of firming her stops as she cheats through them is a quiet sneaky way. Same for some of her flanks. So will clean them up a bit and stop micro handling Spirit to free her up.

While at Heather and Rodger Millens I got to see my first Beaver! I had never seen one before, and it was thinking of maybe setting up home base at their swimming hole in the creek .














































I don't think it knows how lucky it was to have settled into that deeper water just as there was sheep camp going on. Too much activity caused it to find a quieter location. Lucky, because there was talk of removing it...in a not so  " have a heart " way.


I also wanted to share a few photographs I took of a Tom Turkey strutting his stuff on our farm.The two ladies he was hoping to impress are just out of range in the pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment