rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Thursday, May 27, 2010

triple H weather

Hasy, hot, humid. It has been very warm the past few days. Still, I managed to trim Nuggets feet on Tuesday and China's yesterday. Made it to the last stroke with the Rasp on China's foot and managed to rasp across my knuckle. I know I cursed myself as I just had thought " WOW, you did both ponies and managed not to mangle yourself". It was not too bad of a gash and I sure have done way more damage to myself on past trims!
Got all of the matted hair off Nugget. She has Cushings and her coat is so wooly and thick. She still has so much coat on her but at least I was finally able to peel off the matted coat on her belly and flank area. She had a bout with Laminitis over the winter and was laying down so much it got matted to her sides. I tried to see if it would let loose yesterday and it was finally ready so I am sure she feels better. I'll have to think about clipping her down next spring as this also happened last spring too. I may even just bite the bullet and shave her down soon if she does not shed out over the next week or so. It's too hot for her to have so much coat.
 Worked the dogs some yesterday and day before. Not much because I don't like hot weather and the sheep are not shorn yet. Finally have pinned the shearer down to a day so in the next few weeks they will be free of heat trapping wool.
Went down to the creek with the dogs yesterday and took my shoes off and we played around down there for and hour or two. They just love it, so do I.
Al and Randy were over yesterday to work on the driveway in front of the garage. Al moved the truck load of stone to grade with his big 'ol backhoe excavater and Randy and I moved it arround with metal rakes close up to the garage. A few more loads when the bank account allows and it will be looking pretty.
Today I am cleaning the house.
It has been a few weeks since I have done much in here and it is looking it.
Thankfully the town came by yesterday evening and put black oil down on the road.Should help with the dust that always seems to be blowing in the direction of my house instead of away from it.
Later I'll get to Nola's to settle up with Erin and Kerry for taking care of the animals while I was away for a few days.. My back is sore from trimming those two ponies . Getting old is a ....

No comments:

Post a Comment