rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

barenaked ladies











And a few dudes too

so the sheep have finally been shorn today, and as Murphy's law would hold true tomorrow will be quite rainy and chilly! I am just happy to have finally gotten them done. Stripped clean of that heavy itchy wool. Happy souls are they tonight. Tomorrow, not so much would be my guess.
I have been plugging along . Heart not into much of anything. Been riding Diamond sporadically. Same for working dogs. Did get out last week to visit and work with a few friends. Dogs did okay...not great but not bad either.
The grass is too long to work here. I am going to go look for a brush cutter for our little tractor. Most say don't bother but if I wait until we can get a bigger machine it will be years and I am tired of having 50+ acres and no where to train because the grass is too tall! I am forced to work in the home field. Small , hilly with a rock wall and ledge off to south side.and lots of pressure but that's about all I have to work with. The lambs are now just about old enough to use, so should be able to knock some dust off the dogs over the next few weeks.
Going to a trial this weekend. Not expecting great things. I hope I at least can get around..hell, I hope my dogs find the sheep!


No comments:

Post a Comment