rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Thursday, June 10, 2010

top shelf

I'm off to be humbled. Yes, going to another sheepdog trial.  Just can't get into the groove this season. No heart for it. I thought living on this farm would allow me to bring each dog to it's fullest. Seems I am always too busy to get much serious training in. The grass up to my chest is not helping much , either. Trying to train in the only field that is short enough does not allow for any type of outwork as the sheep are at my feet as the dog is coming around to the top and where they thought they would be when they arrived there. Shedding and driving a bit is about all that can be managed though driving is more point and shoot at imaginary lines to hold because of snotty , spoiled sheep.

The subject of today's blog "Top Shelf" is again to sing praise to the wonderful Doctors of Bunker Hill Animal Hospital. Dr's Michele and Audrey are top shelf in both their work skills and bed side manners.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Kansas State University indicating they "recently received a generous monetary contribution from Bunker Hill Veterinary Hospital in honour of your special friend, Deigh".
The letter goes on and the tears spilled as I read .
Back in January when Badger left us suddenly Bunker Hill had done this same service for him, even though they had never had the chance to meet him.
It meant as much to me then as it does now for Deigh.
I am so gifted to have found such wonderful caring Doctors to entrust my animals health with.
Thank you again and again for your thoughtfulness and compassion to my pain and grief of saying good bye to my good girl Deigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment