rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

High Ho High Ho, It's off to mow I go...




















I have made good progress in getting the pastures mowed. It is slow going since it is so tall and I can't really see any of the hidden rocks. The grade of the land is less obvious as well and since this little tractor is not very wide I need to be careful about this. I have a healthy respect for the limits of our John Deere. I sure don't want to roll it on a hill!

The place looks so much better and I am happy to have some room to work the dogs or even just walk them instead of just the path around the hay field.






I still have a good bit left to go .



But hope to have it done before Rob comes over and Hays our field.
Nola told me they just finished theirs so then Rob will cut my neighbor Maribelle behind me and then us. If I can get the pastures done and then the sheep barn cleaned out we'll be doing well.

Paul has finished the inside portion of the dog runs and I am happy to be able to have more structure to the daily routine as well as them out of the house for part of the day. We hope to have the outside part of the runs done before winter.

The dogs are undecided as to if the new kennel situation is a good thing


No comments:

Post a Comment