rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Sunday, April 4, 2010

an Easter Prayer

Lord you have forever risen in my heart!
May the sunrise remind me to shine in your light
May a gentle breeze remind me of your compassion
May the fragrance of a flower remind me to blossom in your love
May the singing birds bring a song of joy to my lips
And at the closing of each day may I remember to quietly pray
Wherever I am, Whatever I do
May my thoughts in joy return to you!

This is one of my favorite Easter Prayers.It really is a wonderful daily prayer to be honest.

Saturday night Paul, my mother and I celebrated Mass at the Easter vigil, a service of light.
The mass started with the church being completly dark. I was really beautiful to sit in the church in complete darkness but for the light  from outside that luminated the stained glass windows.
As the mass began the priest came down through the back of the church and we all had candles that were lit as he walked forward past the pews. The church glowed and was bathed in the light of many candles. The readings were powerful and gave thought to the most holiest days on the Christian calendar. Two things stood out the most for me. One was that on this day the most important mass of all is held witness by women. At that time women were never allowed to even testify in court or any religous matters and yet this day , this mass is recorded though testimony of women. The second was the reading where Abraham was summoned to give his only son back to God. He did without question what he was asked even though it would have been the hardest thing for a parent to do. Just as he was to offer his sons life God called to him and spared his son . Because of Abraham's strong love and devotion to God., he was spared sacrificing his son.
The holy water was blessed and the members of the church renewed  Baptismal vows.


Easter Sunday was just beautiful weather wise. It was a crazy day starting off with Paul and I  sitting at the kitchen table and seeing one of our chickens go flying past the patio door with our cat Tigger attempting to hitch a ride on her! I must have not latched the pen and the chickens found their way out into the yard. So Paul and I mustered them up. Most were together and it made it a bit easier to collect them.

I got both pups worked and they are making steady progress
I worked Rush first and she was working fairly well . Getting some good distance on the outwork with them.
I have a few pictures of the length they are running out but have zoomed them to see them at the top end just a bit better























We worked a little on driving when the opportunity came up.


More of the same for Flint

























We had dinner at my parents. At 87 years old my mother can still cook up a fantastic meal.
Later when we went out to do evening feed I found one little lamb had some how gotten on the wrong side of the fence and was frantic to get back.Running up and down. I managed to grab her and found an area that the heavy rains must have washed out just enough room for her to slip under the fence. I am always amazed how animals can somehow find the needle in the haystack. Here these animals are in a well fenced four/five acre pasture and yet this little one found a small area that she could slip under just about four feet long!

I was supposed to take a lesson with Bobby Dalziel Monday, but got a call today that the clinic they are having has been running too late and they can't do the lessons after. I am dissapointed because I would have liked Bobby's opinion on his ideas for the pups. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment