rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth day!

















And we have some nice fresh earth to celebrate the day!
My neighbors Al and Randy have been up working on the garage and trailer pad the past few days.
I had gotten a call beginning of the week that the first half of the garage was ready to be delivered.What happened to around 30 days???
Thankfully Al had a few days between his jobs and was able to come up with the help of Randy and get the pad level for the garage. The pad for the trailer and camper is roughed out and they will come back next week to finish up. The focus was to get the pad done for the garage. So now why is it I hear nothing from the guy who wanted to bring up half this Friday?
If nothing else it has been good distraction for me from the cutting of multi floral rose. It has been days since I last walked down there wielding saw in hand!




The old apple tree is full of blossoms and if the weather stays kind we should have some good yield of apples this fall. The other apple trees dotted about the property look good in blossom as well but are old and tired so not sure of the yield.
This old gal has been a good producer .



The crab apple tree looks full too. My mother makes some very yummy crabapple jelly so keeping my fingers crossed for it to have a good yeild too!


There have been some very pretty little low to the ground wild flowers blooming here and there. A pretty little yellow type of lady slipper flower was blooming last week in the lower pasture. I did not have my camera and when I remembered to go back for a picture they were finished.
Lots of wild violet and some pretty little white flowers are  blooming there.
I found this fern as it was waking up from it's winters rest, but not quite open yet in the woods in the back part of the farm.




Have gotten the dogs out a few times and all are working well enough. I really need to go and visit someone to hold sheep for the dogs. I know of the very few trials I got to last year it was a little bump in the road for both Dream and Spirit to take sheep off someone. Why... I am still scratching my head over this as it had not been a problem in their earlier training.
Nothing too bad and subtle enough I am sure most would not notice but since they are my dogs any little glitch is magnified to me as it is a reflection of my training and handling skills.

 We have had some wonderful weather and have a few more days to go before we are looking at three or so days of rain and chilly days. April showers, blah blah blah...

2 comments:

  1. Is your Mom taking orders for that crab apple jelly??? If so, I'll take two! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we did have frost last night so I am hoping it was not cold enough to kill off the blossoms. If we have crab apple jelly this fall you will get some for sure Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete