rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

fun in the sun

Not much to write about really.
My Birthday has come and gone.
Had a wonderful day, ending with a nice dinner out with Paul and my parents at one of our favorites restaurants.
Finally managed to get out and see the movie Secretariat. It was well done with great race footage but was just a little vague in content. It really was more about Penny Tweedy the owner than about the horse. While I absolutely enjoyed it it was nothing close to Seabiscuit.

 Things have been going well enough. Got the horse and sheep barn stripped as well as the chicken coop . Fresh bedding for all the critters.  Soon it will be too cold to do a proper cleaning of the barns. Not that I'm not game ,  but wet  " material " will be freezing hard to the concrete surface in the sheep barn and I will only be able to keep it tidy. The horse area is a bit easier because it is mostly dirt and gravel. Chicken coop will get a " best as I can " job too once we start staying more in the freezing range.
But enough talk about freezing weather. We have had some terrific fall days and other than a few cold blustery days here and there I am NOT complaining about the weather AT ALL !

Have been working the young dogs consistently and now have them back down to say six or so head . I like to mix up numbers and types. They are doing well enough. Sometimes frustrating , sometimes self doubt in myself but over all I like what they show me .

With the lovely weather I have been able to get the dogs down to the water for a few last swims. They really love it and I get a kick out of them too. Spirit and Rush are excellent swimmers, I have to keep an eye on them this time of year because they are just like little kids having so much fun they don't see that they are freezing themselves in the water. Today we went down for a swim. Might be the last time for a while.







No comments:

Post a Comment