rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

horsen' around

I have been quite bad about blogging. Lots to do, weather too nice , hay to put up for winter. Oh I can come up with more than a few excuses!

I forgot to blog about Diamond coming home and joining up with Scottie , Nugget and China Blue.

I can't begin to tell you how smooth the transition was. This little mare, just turned six is just so smart and easy . Nola was kind enough to bring her around the corner in her trailer. I was planning on riding her over but one thing led to another, Nola's rig was hooked up and well all in all it just was easier to do. Diamond loaded up easy as can be and walked off in like fashion. She took a look around and never even twitched a nerve . Walked down to the barn , like she has done it for ever. I put her up in the round pen for a few hours to let everyone get sniffs in without hoofs possibly flying. Never really much fuss other than my three were thrilled at the new addition. Diamond took it all in stride. After a few hours I opened up the round pen to let everyone get acquainted before dark and for Diamond to get a feel for her new digs. Scottie had been paying close attention and was doing his best eye candy poses. He was really stacking up and showing off his fine American Warm blood (Thoroughbred / Clydesdale ) conformation.








































when I let Diamond out he showed off his fine gates, focusing on his collected trot as he knew it might catch her eye




























Diamond had a few of her own moves and they were not really what Scottie was hoping for.














I am almost certain I could hear Scottie mumbling " ach, come here wee lassie , now just where do you think ye might be runnin' too ??? "















In the end girl power over ruled and Diamond settled in with her two new BFF's. Nugget and China Blue.














There was grass to be eaten, after all.
















There was nothing more Scottie could do but look on . As he let out a big sigh  I am sure I heard him say   "women!" in disgust and frustration.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everyone is adjusting well! Diamond is absolutely beautiful and Scottie is one studly guy. I think she's just playing hard to get. :-)

    Lastly, a very touching tribute to your dear Splotchity. No doubt she was loved.

    ReplyDelete