rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

21 years ago today

Paul and I will celebrate twenty one years of marriage today. It is still hard for me to grasp twenty one years has passed. Where does the time go?
It really does seem the older you get the faster the years seem to stream past.


My brother and sister in law are up for a visit. They got here last night after a bad trip. The flight was cancelled due to issues with the plane. They were to arrive in Philadelphia Monday evening but did not get checked into the hotel until about midnight. Then my poor brother Mike tweaked his back messing with their luggage. Both looked weary last night when they finally got here. The weather has been gloomy and either raining or drizzle since the weekend . I hope it will blow out and be sunny at some point while they are visiting. We have not had much in the way of rain and we really need it, I just wish it would have waited a week to do it's thing.
 On Monday evening Paul and I were in the sheep pasture and Paul noticed a large bird coming our way from the west.
Big birds are not too uncommon around here, as we have a healthy population of Turkey Vulture here in the warm months ....but as it flew closer and dropped lower we saw it was a mature Bald Eagle. Stunning bird . I never ever get tired of seeing them and always feel blessed that I was gifted the sight . I wish I had had my camera as it would have been some great pictures. That bird circled around us just about twenty feet overhead and then slipped effortlessly off over the hills to the south. 



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bride! Congratulations on 21 years and may you and Paul have at least twice as many more happy and healthy years ahead.

    ReplyDelete