rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Joke?

Sorry to say but it's no joke, North East Pennsylvania is snow covered once again.
At least the storm moved just a bit more east and we have more of a nuisance type snow than the eight or so inches they were predicting for today.

Still , what is going on ? Where's the " early " spring that stupid groundhog predicted???

What happened to March being ..."in like a lion, out like a lamb" ?













What kind of twisted game is Mother Nature playing?

Two more lambs were born since my last blog. A very tiny black ewe lamb and a brown badger marked ram lamb. Neither looked too thrilled with today's weather.




To be honest the mature sheep don't look thrilled either. I am sure they are looking forward to tender fresh shoots of spring grasses to feast on instead of last years hay to grind through.


Little by little I am feeling better each day. I hate that taking a few walks with the dogs has me spent by the close of the day.
I am sure once I finish with the antibiotics on Tuesday I'll start feeling stronger. I have found myself falling asleep for a half hour in the day and hardly able to stay awake past nine at night lately.
A strange thing for a person who usually has trouble with sleep!


The dogs are completely irritated with my health situation. SO much down time . If they thought I was slow moving before my surgery , I can only imagine what they think of me know. Still, they have been civil for the most part. The two sisters Dream and Spirit finding comfort with each other on the couch. Both knowing soon I'll be up and around and back to my old self.
Hopefully feeling even better than my old self !


 I have entered a few sheepdog trials in May .
I am hopeful that I'll be feeling better and that the weather will be kinder so I can tune up the dogs for them.
I was really wanting to get to more trials this year. Still when I add up entry fee ( three Open dogs , two Nursery/Pro Novice dogs)  travel expense and farm care while I am away it might end up not being as many as I would have liked to get to .

Mega Millions , Power Ball can you help me out here?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment