rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Today is April 7

let me repeat that. Today is APRIL 7.
When I think of April I envision grass starting to get green, warmer air to breath, less clothes to wear.
Was I a "happy camper" when I looked out my window this morning to see this?


Hell NO!

on the plus side went out to the barn and found a little ewe lamb had come into the wintry world overnight.
Genetics are an interesting thing. Black mother ,black with some white father and she is mostly white with some black and brown spots.


So I have one yearling left to lamb and I will FINALLY be finished with the hair sheep for lambing.

I am feeling pretty good . I had a sciatic nerve issue after my surgery that was making it very painful to walk let alone get around. One minute I was fine and then bam I could not even bear weight on my leg without it feeling like someone was stabbing my right ass cheek. I was getting quite down about it. Between that and the bacterial infection the surgery was a breeze!

Then one night I went to bed and woke the next morning and as the day went on ...no twinge. Then a few days went by and nothing. Whew.
Why it was there and now gone I don't know. I just hope it stays away.

I plan to start up with the dog training next week. I have a good friend who I have not seen in a very long time going to try to come up and work her dogs and set sheep for my young ones. Looking forward to getting back to it and spending some time with a friend is always a bonus!

1 comment:

  1. Looking around to find the "LIKE" button.... :) .... Glad your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete