rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

the wonders of Wool

We have all heard how great wool is to keep us snug and warm when it's chilly out. Even when it's wet it still keeps you warm.




























Why even a little hair lamb can figure that one out!




My hair ewes are finally getting with the program and had a set of triplets born yesterday (two ewe and one ram) and a set of twins today (ewe and ram) . I am a little worried about the triplet ram lamb. He is really tiny but seems to be bright and healthy and nursing well. I'll keep them jugged for a bit just to make sure he is off to a good start.
The ram lamb from the twins is pretty cool looking . Coco brown with flecks of white and badger markings.






2 comments:

  1. And here I thought we were going to see some dogs working :) Nice pictures ! Glad this time of year seems to be going good for you.
    Carson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even! How cute is that! Thanks for starting my day off with a smile.

    ReplyDelete