rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Thursday, March 10, 2011

March madness

I hate March, always have. Weather is too changing. Windy , rainy, snow sleet . Cloudy more than not. Yet it can also be warm , sunny , calm. So far this year we are not seeing the "Lamb" of March, has been behaving much more "Lion" like.
I have noticed some of the birds are making their way back.



















Nice to see them as well as hear them. Geese honking, song birds feeble in their early spring songs.
Soon the air will be filled with many birds courting mates . I love listening to them.















Had two more lambs born a few days ago, and as I had worried the "runt" of the triplets died. Tried the bottle with him but he just did not take on enough. I really need to learn how to stomach tube them.
I still have five Maiden ewes to go of my hair sheep. Thankfully none look eminent so hope they hold off a bit while I'm in the hospital next week and then needing several more weeks for healing.

Took the young dogs out a few days ago and worked them. Finally melted off enough to give it a go. It's been a good solid two or maybe a bit more months that we have done any training. It shows. My handling was lazy and the dogs were not really listening . As soon as I am feeling well enough I'll get back at it, more at hand stuff to keep them honest. I guess for dogs who are just about 22 months of age they did not look THAT bad, but they have looked better! Both blew me off for the most part, no stop, no flank. I nagged for obedience but never did much to get it!
Well this was the reasoning behind the camcorder purchase.
So I could take a critical eye of the dogs and myself. I don't like much of what I am seeing in the video's but if I only shared them while all looked fantastic am I really being honest with you about the dogs?
 I am having some issues struggling with the upload process and can't seem to figure out how to get them up , maintain the full length or the quality. They look grainy and choppy  to me or are cut short of their full time. I am hoping I can figure out at some point how to clean them up. As well as offer some better work of both myself and dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment