rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

down time

Because of this,



















we have stopped doing this.














yep , I knew it was coming. I have been thankful for the lack of snow up until now. Honestly if it was not for that little layer of ice that is now under several inches of snow I most likely would still be managing some light works for the dogs....but that ice keeps me from taking the risk.
So we have some forced down time.

That is not to say we have not been active. Still getting our walks in. I think they have been giving me more of a workout that the dogs with that layer of ice.They can most times walk on top of it in the few inches of snow, me well I am half on top, half crashing through . The high stepping is giving my legs a good go for sure.

So what do you do other than embrace what is in front of you?
Enjoy it to the fullest. The dogs certainly do!



















I too am enjoying the beauty of what winter can offer.










3 comments:

  1. Yes, the dogs certainly do seem to enjoy the snow. And you're right, we get more of a work out walking in it then they do.

    Isn't it amazing how the snow can look like sand dunes and such. It does have a beauty, but there are times when enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Kathy, we have not had it too bad so far snow wise. I am about ready for " mud season " though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually a real snow lover but I have to admit that the thought of the impending mud season does put a damper on things. And the more dogs you have the worse that mud seems to be!

    ReplyDelete