rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"out with the old and in with the new" AKA Bathroom Remodel !

I am lagging a little in some of the goings on here at our farm. Just been busy and have not been keeping the blog updated.
So our little ranch house is a modest home. Not why we fell in love with this farm by any stretch. I always dreamed of a grand two story farm home built in the early 1900's but seemed when I found a house I was charmed by, the land was wrong. When I visited this farm when listed for sale the land blew me away. The house, not so much. But it was well built back in the late 60's and had a good floor plan (plain but practical) for it's size. Nothing had been updated since the time it was built. It's kitchen and bathroom cabinets and counters were sagging, doors partially open because they no longer were able to close due to the shifting counter tops. In the kitchen there was a ugly dropped ceiling with glaring office type florescent lighting. A few years ago we ripped that out and sheet rocked the ceiling and up dated the lighting. Did not want to do too much because some day we hope to expand out the back of the house.
Anyway back to the bathroom. All I can say is UGLY. Outdated . Disgusting.
It had blue and silver paisley type foil wallpaper on the upper part of the walls. I stripped that off right after I moved in. Primer white was way better and was what the walls were for the past going on four years. Ugly stained and yellowing blue speckled linoleum floor. The lower half of the walls and counter were white with dark speckled Formica. Again, florescent lighting ( that stopped working and was substituted with a lamp on the counter top) , no outlets but for one little one coming off the ancient chrome medicine cabinet. , cabinets sagging, doors unable to close.  The only saving grace was the beautiful view out the window while one was , er well you get the picture.
So without further ado I'll share the before and after of our new bathroom.

The old


I know, GROSS!






The New

Much better!














 



And now to finish with some personal touches.










Close up of the wallpaper border I used. It has little outhouses!





2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the border that you used. And, hey, I have that same sheep door stop too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love it! What's next??? :-)

    ReplyDelete