rainbow on the farm

rainbow on the farm

Spirit moving sheep off the hay field

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

V.I.P.

In July we had a V.I.P. (very impressive pedigree) dog stay here for about two weeks.

Amanda Milliken's Monty was on his way south to Barbara Ray so she could run him at the western trials as well as this years Nationals.
What a dilemma to have too many good dogs to run !
So, Monty stayed here till arraignment could be made to get him down to Barbara.

Monty is a full (but younger brother ) to Amanda's Roz and half brother to her Clive, though Clive and Monty's dam's are litter mates.
Monty is a son of Amanda's accomplished bitch Ethel and ## Star.

I have two young dogs off Clive who I have been very happy with .
I had planned on a repeat but with Monty heading this way I went with him.  It really is amazing how much he and my young Flint look alike.


Uncle Monty and Flint


all in the family















Both Bracken (though several generations back) and Monty go back to Amanda's "heart" dog Hazel.
When you look at these dogs you can see a strong family resemblance.

Fast forward two months time.




female


male














Although  a disappointingly small litter, none the less precious.

1 comment:

  1. And adorable as all get out! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete